Sunday, October 08, 2006


Stephanies is OCS: Obsessive Compulsive Swede. For an evening out she came prepared with: 1. Swedish jacket, 2. Swedish meatballs, 3. Swedish Jam, 4. Swedish crisp bread (multiple kinds), 5. Swedish game = Kubb, 6. Swedish friends, 7. Swedish candles, 8. Swedish reading material including magazines and newsletter, 9. Swedish candy...and I think I am still forgetting some things.


You don't see me complaining about having to eat Swedish meatballs and relish in the fact that Steph has done all of the hard work.


My Swedish blood doesn't run near as deep as Steph's and she triumphs again in a game of Kubb. Just trying to remember if I have ever won.

6 Comments:

Blogger ewesa said...

I have yet to play Kubb! is 'kubb' also an action word, can you kubb someone? it sounds like you should be able to.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

lol In my defense, it's a little bit more appropriate to be an OCS if you are planning an activity for your Swedish conversation group.... ;)

(but admittedly, I'll bring out the kubb set, meatballs, etc, for just about any excuse)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

oh, and you forgot the Swedish placemat. Purchased at ICA. ;)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Feed said...

"You don't see me complaining about having to eat Swedish meatballs and relish in the fact that Steph has done all of the hard work."

That pretty much sums up my life... At least the rare parts where Steph and I are in the same state. (Locationally, that is. Alas, we'll never be in the same state physically, mentally, vertically, or linguistically.)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I almost mentioned the placemat, but then questioned whether it was from Sweden. Basically, I am just jealous of your dual citizenship and sexy Euro style.

**AND to Feed...let's work on that whole location thing...you need to eat more meatballs.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kaahl said...

You already used this game in a blog post...a few years ago. Don't think I don't remember.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home