Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Palo Alto Renovation: Bathroom

I decided that the peace and joy I would feel living in a clean and efficient house was worth the effort and money to do a little painting in my cottage home in Palo Alto. Here is what a partial can of leftover white paint from the shed and $35 bucks can do.

Before: Flesh colored trim, dingy cream walls, pink bathmat, lots of clutter, and very little space.

...and a discolored shower curtain. (You can't see it in the photo, but the water had turned it a rusty red.)

After: Stark white fabric shower curtain, plush gray bathmat, and upgraded wall color.

Green and white are the colors of heaven. Maybe not this shade of green, but I had to kick it up a notch because I wanted something that would glow to make the room feel a little bigger as well as add visual interest.


Ikea once again solved a storage issue so that there aren't rogue hair dryers and extra bottles of contact solution floating around.

How long did all of this take you may ask? 1 day.

**Special thanks to Sarah for the drawing she gave me over a year ago in Seattle. The colors are a great fit! Glad I brought this one with me to Cali.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I would say you could make a career of this, but you already have.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Ahhh...so much nicer.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

Can I move it?

6:32 PM  
Blogger ewesa said...

Yea! I'm loving the updates, and the prominent "pleweflynn" on the wall. Glad it's getting better there all the time. Hooray for paint!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home